Visitors to the Marangu Cultural Tour have the chance to observe traditional blacksmiths in action, explore surrounding caverns and waterfalls, and get a taste of village life. The Chagga tribe resides in Marangu, which is still a true tribal village. This location offers a view of Mount Kilimanjaro on clear s.
MARANGU CULTURAL TOUR.
Drive to Marangu village after breakfast. You will tour the village’s Chagga cultural center and the wartime hiding places for the Chagga people, the caverns, where you will be led as the tour guide narrates history.
Visit the family of a coffee farmer in the hamlet to learn how to process coffee step by step, from selecting ripe coffee berries to the final cup of delectable hot coffee. You will also see typical Chaga huts built of straw roofs.
A location where you may practice and brew your own coffee. You will be given lunch and the opportunity to experience making the excellent local meal NDIZI NYAMA (beef blended with banana and boiled with some vegetables). Visit the well-known waterfall after lunch for a panoramic viewpoint that is perfect for snapping pictures of Mount Kilimanjaro and the waterfalls.
Visit the entrance to the Kilimanjaro National Park to learn about its history, ecological aspects, etc. and to take pictures. Drive return to the hotel after the tour.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), Arusha Airport, (ARK/HTAR), Moshi and Arusha|
|PRICE FOR MARANGU CULTURAL TOUR||
You can engage in the following activities while visiting Marangu Village.
- Banana and coffee plantations are among the sights you pass.
- Visit Kilimanjaro national park Marangu gate
- Information about the locals, their way of life, and their traditions
- Taking in the scenery on Mount Kilimanjaro’s slopes
- Chagga Museums
- Visit the waterfalls, learn about them, and go swimming if you want to.
- Chagga Local brew / Beer .
- You will discover how to brew your own coffee and drink local coffee.
There are no reviews yet.